Monday, November 7, 2011

November 7, 2011

Exploration at the Arboretum today.  Boy were we in for a surprise sighting!  See if you can spot what we spotted.  I'll give you a hint.  They were just in time for Thanksgiving!

Gavin and Parker discovered "maple syrup."  It was really sap but Gavin was so excited about the prospect of seeing maple syrup that I couldn't tell him otherwise.  Gavin taught all about how maple syrup is collected.  Thank you PBS.  

The boys didn't think these branches were as cool as I thought they were.....

Maybe they didn't appreciate the branches because they couldn't be bothered to slow down long enough to notice them!

This is as close as I could get to a photo of them together, looking at the camera.  Almost, but not quite!

Do you see what I see?


Gavin found this stick and quickly declared it was a "chicken paw."  Don't you just love 4-year-olds?  When I slow down long enough to appreciate it, I realize just how entertaining his creative juices are.



He tried making tracks with his chicken paw.  Months later, it is still in our garage - the coveted chicken paw!  He guards it like a hawk paying special attention so that Jasper doesn't chew up the chicken paw.  

No comments:

Post a Comment