Thursday, December 15, 2011

December 15, 2011

We had an unexpected visitor today.  I let the dogs out before I realized he was out there.  Anyone who remembers the Roxy Incident knows that this is a recipe for disaster!  I was able to get Zowie back in right away, but Jasper, in a very uncharacteristic move, wouldn't back down.  He kept a short distance from the raccoon, with his feet firmly planted, and the two animals called each other every name in the book.  When this photo was taken it was the only time the animal attempted to show any movement all morning.  He didn't twitch a muscle when faced with Jasper the Big Red Dog.
Don't ask me why the chair is tipped over in the fire pit.  With my two Wild Things, it's almost better not to ask questions!

Once I rangled Jasper back into the house, I watched that darn animal for what must have been close to 2 hours.  He climbed into our fire pit, wide awake, and didn't move a muscle.  Finally I called the police who alerted animal control because I thought he might be sick.  Turns out he was just fat and lazy.  Apparently this wasn't the first time they've been out to our street due to phone calls regarding this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment